- Ph.D., in Seed Science and Technology (2003), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- M.Sc., in Seed Science and Technology (2000), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- B.Sc., in Agriculture (1998), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- TNAU Best Seed Production Scientists Award (2012 -2013)
- ICAR, ARS in Seed Science and Technology (2009-2010)
- NESA, New delhi, Junior Scientist of the year (2005)
Area of specialization
- Seed Physiology, Seed production (Hybrid rice),
Current Areas of Research
- Nano-formulation of hormones and photochemicals for seed coating applications
- Customizing Nano Particles for seed quality enhancement
- Raja, K., Natarajan, N. and Subramanian, K.S. Nanotechnology in Seed Science. Training Manual on Seed Quality Regulation. Published by Seed Centre, TNAU,Coimbatore.pp 152-162
- Jerlin, C.Menaka, K.Raja, K.Rama Moorthy and P. Tamilkumar. 2010. Standardization of sieve size for grading of Olitorius Jute Seeds. Asian Journal of Agricultural Research 4(1): 15-19
- Duraimurugan,P., Raja and A.Regupathy. 2011. An eco-friendly approach for management of pulse beetle, Callosobruchus macculatus through neem formulation assisted with pitfall trap. Journal of food legume 24(1): 23-27 ( NAAS Score 3.19)
- Raja, C.T.Manjunath Prasad and A.S.Ponnuswamy.2011. Influence of micronutrients on pollen viability and germination, seed yield and quality of male parent (C 20 R) of rice hybrid CORH 2. Seed Research Vol. 39 (1): 95-98 (NAAS Score 4.7)
- Raja and A.S.Ponnuswamy.2009. Shelf life of hybrid rice (CORH 2) seed as influenced by stage of harvest. Seed Research Vol. 37 (1&2): 81-87 (NAAS Score 4.7)
- Raja, K., and A.S. Ponnuswamy. 2005. Influence of crop geometry and seedling density in ‘A’ line on seed set, yield and quality of rice hybrid CORH 2. Oryza 42 (4): 310-312.
- Raja, K., V. Karivaradaraaju, A.S. Ponnuswamy and T. Thavaprakash. 2004. Influence of seed treatment on bruchid control in greengram cv. CO 6 under ambient storage conditions. International journal on Legume Research, Vol. 27(4): 286-289.
- Raja, K., V. Karivaradaraaju, C. Menaka and P. Srimathi, 2004. Qualitative and quantitative characters of Callosobruchus maculatus infested seed of greengram. International journal on Legume Research 27 (3): 220-222.
- Undergraduate Program in Seed Science & Technology and Nano Science and Technology
- Post-Graduate Program : in Seed Science & Technology and Nano Science and Technology