- PDF in Soil Biology (1999), University of Ottawa, Canada
- Ph.D. in Soil Biology (1998), University of Ottawa, Canada
- M.Sc in Soil Science & Agrl. Chemistry (1986), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- B.Sc in Agriculture (1984), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- Soil Biology & Biochemistry, Plant-Mycorrhizas Interactions, Nano-Fertilizers
Current Areas of Research
- Biofortification, Nano-Fertilizers
- Yuvaraj, M. and Subramanian, K.S*. 2018. Development of slow release Zn fertilizer using nano-zeolite as carrier. Journal of Plant Nutrition 41:3, 311-320, DOI:10.1080 /01904167.2017.1381729 (NAAS 6.54)
- Gopinathan, P., Subramanian, K.S*., Paliyath, G. and Subramanian, J.2017. Genotypic variations of nano-fibrillated cellulose derived from banana pseudostem. BioResource 12: 6984-700 (NAAS 7.33)
- Jincy, M., Djanaguiraman, M., Jeyakumar, P., Subramanian, K.S.,Jayasankar, S. and Paliyath. G. 2017. Inhibition of phospholipase D enzyme activity through hexanal leads to delayed mango (Mangifera indica L.) fruit ripening through changes in oxidants and
antioxidant enzymes activity. Scientia Horticulturae 218: 316–32 (NAAS 7.54)
- Subramaniam, K. S*. and M, Thirunavukarasu. 2017. Nano-fertilizers and Nutrient Transformation in soil. In: Nanoscience and Plant Soil Syatems. (Eds: mansour Ghorbanpour., Hkanuja Manika and Ajit Varma). Springer International Publishing AG
2017 (ISBN: 978-3- 319-46835- 8) (NAAS 7.0)
- Manikandan, A. and Subramanian, K.S.* 2017 Sorption Characteristics of Nitrogen Forms on Microporous Adsorbents for Novel Fertilizer. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, 65, (2) pp 130-137 DOI: 10.5958/0974-0228.2017.00016.0(NAAS 5.23)
- Manikandan, A. and Subramanian, K.S.* 2017 Study on mitigation of ammonia volatilization loss in urea through adsorbents. Journal of Applied and Natural Science 9 (2): 688 – 692 (2017) ISSN : 0974-9411 (Print), 2231-5209 (Online) (NAAS 5.84)
- Saravanan S, Anjali C, Vairamani M, Sastry TP, Subramanian, KS and Selvamurugan N. 2017. Scaffolds containing chitosan, gelatin and graphene oxide for bone tissue regeneration in vitro and in vivo. Biological Macromolecules. 16: 32105-15 (NAAS 9.14)
- Bhargava Rami Reddy, CH. and Subramanian, K.S*. 2016. Impact of Nano-liming materials on Biological Properties of Acid Soils Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2017) 6(3): 451-457. https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.603.052 (NAAS 5.34)
- Mohan, C., Srridharan, S., Gunasekaran, K., Subramanian, K.S. and Natarajan, N. 2017. Biosafety of hexanal as nano-emulsion on egg parasitoid Trichogramma spp Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies 5 (2) : 1541-1544. (NAAS 5.53)
- Mohan, C., Srridharan, S., Gunasekaran, K., Subramanian, K.S. and Nakeeran, S. 2017. Biosafety of hexanal as nano-emulsion on honey bees (Hymenoptera: Apidae). Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies 5 (3) : 1415-1418 (NAAS 5.53)
- Anusya, P., Nagaraj, R., Janavi, G.J., Subramanian, K.S*.., Paliyath, G. and Subramanian, J. 2016. Pre-harvest sprays of hexanal formulation for extending retention and shelf-life of mango (Magifera indica L.) fruits. Scientia Horticulturarae 210:221-230
- Balakrishnan, N and Subramanian, K.S*. 2016. Mycorrhizal (Rhizophagus Intraradices) Symbiosis and Fe and Zn Availability in Calcareous Soil. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 47 (11), 1357-1371 (NAAS : 6.57)
- Parthasarathy, S., Thiribhuvanamala G., Subramanian, K.S*. and Kuppusamy, K. 2016. Bacterial antagonists and hexanal-induced systemic resistance of mango fruits against Lasiodiplodia theobromae causing stem-end rot. Journal of Plant Interactions 11:1, 158-
- Subramanian, K.S.* Iniyakumar, M and Sivakumar, U. 2016. Role of Actinomycete – Mediated Nanosystem in Agriculture . G. Subramaniam et al. (eds.), Plant Growth Promoting Actinobacteria. Springer International Publishing Switzerland. pp 233-247.
- Subramanian, K.S., Manikandan, A., Thirunavukkarasu, M. and Sharmila Rahale, C. 2015. Nano-fertilizers for Balanced Crop Nutrition [Book Chapter] Springer International Publishing Switzerland, M. Rai et al. (eds.), Nanotechnologies in Food and Agriculture
DOI 10.1007/978-3- 319-14024- 7_3 (NAAS 7.0)
- Thirunavukkarasu, M. and Subramanian, K.S. 2015*. Synthesis and characterization of surface modified nano-zeolite fortifid with sulphate and its sulfate sorption and desorption pattern J. Sci. Industrial Res. 74 (12):671-675 (NAAS 6.39).
- KS Subramanian, C Sekar, S Suranee Meneka and L Vijaya Prakash 2015. Reducing post-harvest losses in mango in South Asia, IDRC Reports
- Karthika , S., Nanda Kumar, NB, Gunasekaran, K. and Subramanian , K.S. 2015. Biosafety of Nanoemulsion of Hexanal to Honey Bees and Natural Enemies . Indian J. Sci. Tech. Vol 8(30), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i31/52668.
- Subramanian, K.S. 2014*. Nano Food Packaging to Enhance Shelf-life of Perishables. Food Marketing & Technology, January 18-20
- Yuvaraj, M. and Subramanian, K.S*. 2014. Controlled-release fertilizer of zinc encapsulated by a manganese hollow core shell. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, Journal of Soil Science & Plant Nutrition.1: 1-8. DOI: 10.1080/00380768.2014.979327.
(NAAS ; 6.50)
- Subramanian, K.S*., C. Bharathi, M. Gomathi and N. Balakrishnan.2014. Role of arbuscular mycorrhizal (Glomus intraradices) fungus inoculation in Zn nutrition of field grown maize. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 8(5): 655-665. (NAAS ;
- Sekar, C., Subramanian, K.S., Subramanian, J and Vijaya Prakash. 2014. Gender Dynamics In Mango Production System In India. Innovare Journal of Social Sciences, 2 (4):74-80.
- Balakrishnan, N., Subramanian, K.S* and Senthil, N. 2014. Mycorrhizal symbiosis and bioavailability of micronutrients in maize grain. Maydica, 57, 129-138 (NAAS 7.33)
- Vivek, R., Nipun Babu, V., Thangam, R., Subramanian, K.S., Kannan, S. 2013. pH- responsive drug delivery of chitosan nanoparticles as Tamoxifen carriers for effective anti-tumor activity in breast cancer cells. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 111:
117-123. (NAAS ; 10.29).
- Ravidran, B., C. Nagalakshmi, S. Gayathiri Devi, K.S. Subramanian, AB. Mandal and G. 2013. Efficiency of hydrolyzed tannery solid waste for the growth and yield potentials on tomato. Journal of Plant Nutrition 36: 5, 795-810 (NAAS ; 6.51)
- Rajkishore, S. K., K. S. Subramanian, N. Natarajan and K. Gunasekaran (2013) Nanotoxicity at Various Trophic Levels: A Review (NAAS ; 5.23)
- Preethi, P., Soorianathasundaram, K and Subramanian, K. 2014. Ultrastructural studies of mango fruit ripening cv.bangalora. Biochemical and Cellular Archieves, 14(2): 1-3. (NAAS ; 4.46)
- Preethi, P., Soorianathasundaram, K and Subramanian, K. 2014. aroma volatile compounds of mango cultivars neelum and banganapalli. Biochemical and Cellular Archieves, 14(2):5-8 (NAAS ; 4.46)
- Subramanian, K.S*. and Tarafdar, J.C. (2011) Prospects of Nanotechnology in Indian Farming. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 81(9): 3-9. (NAAS ; 6.17)
- Pandian, S.S., Robin, S. Vinod, K.K. Rajeswari, S. Manonmani, S. Subramanian, K.S. Saraswathi R. and Kirubhakaran, A.P.M. (2011) Influence of intrinsic soil factors on genotype by-environment interactions governing micronutrient content of milled rice
grains. Australian J. Crop. Sci. 5(13):1737-1744. (NAAS ; 7.30)
- Subramanian, K.S*. VirgineTenshia, J.S ., Jayalakshmi, K. and Ramachandran, V. 2011. Antioxidant Enzyme Activities in Arbuscular Mycorrhizal (Glomus intraradices) Fungus Inoculated and Noninoculated Maize Plants Under Zinc Deficiency. Indian J Microbiol.,
51(1): 37–43. (NAAS ; 7.14)
- Subramanian, K.S*., Tenshia, V., Jayalakshmi, K. and Ramachandran. V. 2009. Biochemical changes and zinc fractions in arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus (Glomus intraradices) inoculated and uninoculated soils under differential zinc fertilization. Applied
soil ecology 43 (1), 32-39 (NAAS : 8.67)
- Subramanian, K.S*. Bharathi, C. and Jegan, A. 2008. Response of maize to mycorrhizal colonization at varying levels of zinc and phosphorus. Biology and fertility of soils 45 (2), 133-144 (NAAS : 9.07)
- Subramanian, K.S*, Santhanakrishnan, P. and Balasubramanian. P. 2006. Responses of field grown tomato plants to arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal colonization under varying intensities of drought stress. Scientia Horticulturae 107 (3), 245-253. (NAAS : 7.54)
- Subbian, P., Lal, R. and Subramanian, K.S. 2000. Cropping systems effects on soil quality in semiarid tropics. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture 16 (3), 738 (NAAS : 6.93)
- Subramanian, K.S. and Charest, C. 1999. Acquisition of N by external hyphae of an arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus and its impact on physiological responses in maize under drought stressed and well watered conditions. Mycorrhiza 9 (2), 69-75 (NAAS : 9.25)
- Subramanian, K.S. and Charest, C. 1998. Arbuscular mycorrhizae and nitrogen assimilation in maize after drought and recovery. Physiologia plantarum 102 (2), 285- 296. (NAAS : 9.52)
- Subramanian, K.S. and Charest, C. 1997. Nutritional, growth, and reproductive responses of maize (Zea mays L.) to arbuscular mycorrhizal inoculation during and after drought stress at tasselling. Mycorrhiza 7 (1), 25-32 (NAAS : 9.25)
- Subramanian, K.S., Charest, C, Dwyer, L.M. and Hamilton, R.I. 1995. Arbuscular mycorrhizas and water relations in maize under drought stress at tasselling. New Phytologist, 129 (4), 643-650. (NAAS : 9.25)
- Subramanian, K.S. and Charest, C. 1995. Influence of arbuscular mycorrhizae on the metabolism of maize under droughty stress. Mycorrhiza, 5 (4), 273-278. (NAAS : 9.25)
- Subramanian, K.S., Charest, C, Dwyer, L.M. and Hamilton, R.I. 1995. Effects of arbuscular mycorrhizae on leaf water potential, sugar content, and P content during drought and recovery of maize. Canadian Journal of Botany 75 (9), 1582-1591 (NAAS
- Subramanian, K.S. and Kumaraswamy, K. 1989. Effect of continuous cropping and fertilization on chemical properties of soil. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, 37 (1), 171-173. (NAAS 5.23)
- Post-Graduate Program : SAC 506-Soil Biology & Biochemistry (2+1)
- Undergraduate Program: Fundamentals & Applications of Nanotechnology