- Ph.D., in Floriculture and Medicinal Crops (2009), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- M.Sc., in Horticulture (2003), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- B.Sc., in Horticulture (2001), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- UGC Post-doctoral Raman Fellow (2014-2015) at Texas A&M University, College Station, United States of America.
- TNAU Research Assistantship (2006-2009).
Current Areas of Research
- Nano-formulation of plant bioactives for health benefits.
- Green solvent extraction and screening of phytochemicals for bioactivity.
- Extending the shelf-life of horticultural produces through nanotechnological interventions.
- Haripriya. S., Vadivel.E., Vekatachalam.R. and Gayathri.P. 2012. “In vitro free radical scavenging activity of amla (Emblica officinalis) varieties at various stages of fruit development”. Journal of Applied Horticulture, 14(1): 63-66.
- Haripriya. S., Vadivel.E., Ilamurugu.K., and Venkatachalam.R. 2010. Preparation of Withaferin-A loaded PLGA Nanoparticles by Modified Emulsion Diffusion Evaporation Technique. International Journal of Nanotechnology and Applications, 4(2): 163-168.
- Haripriya.S, R.Gnanam and M.Kannan. 2006. Standardization of antibrowning treatment for efficient nutrient utilization and in vitro culture establishment in Andrographis paniculata (Burm.F) Wall.Ex Nees. In : Proceedings of the International symposium “Balanced Fertilization for sustaining Crop Productivity” by International Potash Institute, Horgen, Switzerland.pp 428 – 431.
- NST 301. Fundamentals and Application of Nanotechnology (1+0)
- HOR 312 Production Technology of Flowers crops, Aromatic and Medicinal Crops (2+1)
- FLG 306 Landscape Gardening (2+1)
Post-Graduate Program :
- NST 503. Instrumentation in Nanotechnology (2+1)
- NST 508. Nano Food-Systems (2+1)
- NST 509. Nanobiotechnology (2+1)
Agricultural Extension (2009-2013) :
Programs broadcasted on All India Radio, Pudhucherry
|S.No||Topic||Nature of program
|Date of broadcast|
|1.||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University-
Agri-Tech portal and Agri-info websites.
|2.||Quality vegetable seedling production||Radio Interview||01-02-2011|
|3.||Intellectual property rights in agriculture||Radio Interview||15-06-2011|
|4.||Importance of plant growth regulators in vegetable cultivation.||Radio Interview||25-10-2011|
|5.||Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Right Act||Radio Interview||08-02-2012|
|6.||Roof gardening in homes||Radio Interview||04-06-2012|
|7.||Greenhouse production technologies||Radio Interview||19-09-2012|
|8.||Horticulture- A way of living||Radio Interview||14-12-2012|
|9.||Home medicinal Garden||Radio Interview||18-03-2013|
|S.No.||Topic||Nature of program||Telecast
|1.||Entrepreneurship development – Cut flower arrangement|| News coverage
| Raj TV, Makkal TV
and Captain TV
|2.||Cashew grafting technique||Interview|| August,
A success story on imparting “Computer training to farmers of Cuddalore district” at ICAR-Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Vriddhachalam has been published as “A portal in which the A to Z of farming is just a click away” dated 31-01-2013 in the National Newspaper “The Hindu” under farmers’ notebook column of Science & Technology Section.