- Ph.D. in Agronomy (2004), Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
- M.Sc in Agronomy (1995), ANGRAU, Hyderabad.
- B.Sc in Agriculture (1991), Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu.
Current Areas of Research
- Watershed management, Biofuel crops, Polymers for Drought management.
- Hiroshi Uchino, Takeshi Watanabe, Karri Ramu, kanwar L Sahrawat, Subramanian Marimuthu, Suhas P Wani and Osamu Ito. (2013) Effects of Nitrogen Application on Sweet Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench) in the Semi Arid Tropical Zone of India. Japanese Agricultural Research Quarterly 47(10: 65-73
- Srinivasarao Ch., Sahrawat KL., Vijay Sandeep Jakkula., Sumantu Kundu., Rajasekar Rao BK., Marimuthu S., Pathak P.,Rajesh C and G Parthasaradhi. 2012. Contribution of nutrients through critical irrigation from diverse water sources in selected watersheds of Semi Arid Tropical India. Indian Journal of Dry land Agricultural Research and Development, 27(1): 58-69
- Krishnamurthy, L., Zaman-Allah, M, Marimuthu, S., Wani, S P and Kesava Rao, A V R 2012. Root growth in Jatropha and its implications for drought adaptation. Biomass & Bioenergy 39; 247-252
- Srinivasa Rao, Ch., Pavani Kumari, M., Wani, S.P., and Marimuthu, S. 2011. Occurrence of black rot in Jatropoha curcus L. plantations in India caused by Botryosphaeria dothidea. Current Science. 100 (10): 1547-1549.
- Boomiraj, K., Marimuthu, S., Wani, S P., RaviKumar, S., Manikandan, and Tani, S (2012) Vulnerability assessment of kharif rainfed sorghum to climate change in SAT regions of India. Journal of Agrometeorology, 14 (1). pp. 2-8.
- Srinivasarao Ch., D Blaise., M K Venugoplan., K P Patel., D P Biradar., Y K Aladakatti., S Marimuthu., G S Buttar., M S Brarr., S Ratna Kumari and V Cheng Reddy. 2012. Soil Fertility Management Strategies for maximizing Cotton Production of India. Indian Journal of fertilizers 8 (12): 80-95
- Srinivasarao Ch, Vittal KPR, Venkateswarlu B, Wani SP, Sahrawat, KL, Marimuthu S and Sumantha Kundu (2009). Carbon stocks in different soil types under diverse rainfed production systems in tropical India.Communications in soil science and plant analysis: 40: 2338-2356.
- Nano Agricultural Inputs – Synthesis, Characterization and Application (2+1) (NST 504)